Last opportunities to win the ticket into the championships has just begun! Make sure you fight for the victory as there is a special prize incoming. Read on for details
AWS DeepRacer is a 1/18th scale autonomous race car but also much more. It is a complete program that has helped thousands of employees in numerous organizations begin their educational journey into machine learning through fun and rivalry.
Visit AWS DeepRacer page to learn more about how it can help you and your organization begin and progress the journey towards machine learning.
Join the AWS Machine Learning Community to talk to people who have used DeepRacer in their learning experience.
We have just completed our September race which has seen some close competition in all regions. Let’s see who won this month:
- Greater China Region: GiangCao 00:53.456 (won by 0.123s)
- Asia Pacific: patelaniket 00:55.714 (won by 0.079s)
- North America: JPMC-C0nf1ckr3 00:55.727 (won by 0.264s)
- Europe: Eviden-Mark-Ross 00:56.109 (won by 1.677s)
- Middle East Africa: Akiva 01:01.847s (won by 8.33s)
- South America: DaeMonst 01:09.327 (won by 0.928s)
Congratulations to winners, hope their prize claims go smoothly. But we’re here to talk about October.
You can check out the winners so far by going to the community leaderboard at https://drboard.breadcentric.uk/
We are starting the last race for the league phase of the championships. We will hit the track. The race will be happening on track DBro Super Raceway. Named after the 2021 AWS DeepRacer finalist Darren “DBro” Broderick, the DBro Super Raceway features 2 lightning fast dragstrips and an unforgiving technical section of hairpin turns and cutbacks.
We will be racing in the Time trial format with three consecutive laps to complete. Each off-track results in 3 seconds penalty and there is a limit of 50 submissions.
Remember the standard rules on what can be won, as mentioned in the start of season announcement.
Here’s a general summary of what’s left to win in October:
- winners in each of six regions: places in AWS DeepRacer Championships at AWS re:Invent conference in Las Vegas together with trip to the conference
- top five racers in each of six regions: $400 Amazon vouchers
- top 10% racers in each of six regions: $50 Amazon vouchers
- globally top cumulative points winner: place in AWS DeepRacer Championships at AWS re:Invent conference in Las Vegas together with trip to the conference
- regionally top cumulative points winners: places in AWS DeepRacer Championships at AWS re:Invent conference in Las Vegas together with trip to the conference
Special prize in the October race
On top of the above opportunities, the global winner of the October race will also get the opportunity to drive fast exotic cars at Las Vegas known as the Winner circle driving experience!
Here’s a bit of a taste of last year’s experience from Darren Broderick, racing as DBro (yup, this month’s track DBro):
So heat up your engines and get training. See you on the track!